How to house train a dog? , Dogs are pets and beneficial to humans in many areas; Some are used for guarding, Including what is used for hunting, Or guarding sheep and livestock, Or tow carts, Although dogs vary in shape and size, they all belong to the dog breeds, Which includes in addition to dogs: wolves, foxes, jackals, The wolves are the wolves’ dogs that roamed Europe, Asia, and North America And has been trained by humans for more than 14,000 years, They became known as domesticated dogs (Canis lupus familiaris) .
Dogs are distinct from the rest of the animals two advantages:
The first is its close association with human beings; It exists wherever it is human in the hemispheres, The second advantage is the wide variation in their qualities; The height of the Irish wolf-dog is 99.1 cm, While the height of the Chihuahua dog does not exceed 15.2 cm, The length of the hair dog Yorkshire up to 61 cm, While the bald Mexican dog lacks the presence of hair.
There are more than 300 known breeds of dogs in the world, Can be divided into seven basic groups depending on the purpose of their breeding, These groups are:
- Oaks dogs: are breeding dogs; to catch rats and rats.
- Hunting dogs: Like a Norwegian dog, which is characterized by activity and a sharp sense of smell.
- Non-sports dogs: Dogs are characterized by their beloved personality, such as: Lhasa Apso dog.
- Working Dogs: Such as St. Bernard’s dog, where these dogs are characterized by acute intelligence, And the ability to perform certain functions, such as: guarding, pulling skis, and rescue.
- Dogs Doll: Includes a group of small-sized dogs, such as: Maltese dog.
- Cattle Dogs: These dogs are used to drive cattle, and guard pasture animals, such as: Australian Shepherd Dog.
- Sports Dogs: Like Pointer dogs, these dogs are used for hunting.
Prepare for the acquisition of a dog
Before deciding to acquire a dog at home, Be sure to:
- Having the ability and time to care for the dog, Train him on different skills, and meet his needs.
- Having enough space for the dog; to play, training.
- The ability to afford the food of the dog and its treatment, and regular vaccinations.
- Choose the right dog for the family, In terms of the level of activity, kindness in dealing with children.
How to house train a dog and Dog Needs
The basic needs of dogs must be provided at home:
- Nutrition: Dogs at the age of one year or more need one meal per day, Or two small meals, to be balanced meals, The soup can be fed to dogs, canned food, cheese, cooked eggs, fruit, vegetables, can also feed dogs of human food, But in limited quantities; because they cause obesity, Causing problems in bones and teeth, should avoid feeding alcohol dogs, Avocado, bread, and drinks containing caffeine, Chocolates, garlic, onions, grapes or raisins.
- Exercise and games: Dogs need to activity and movement; to burn calories, Maintain health, avoid boredom which leads to bad behaviors, The exercise of the games meet many of the instinctive motives of dogs, Such as drilling, chopping, chewing, and chasing.
- Cleanliness: Dogs do not need to shower more than a few times a year, The brush can be used to comb her hair, And comb their own to clean it of fleas and ticks.
- Warm and comfortable place: In addition to a cage or a special place to sleep with blankets; To protect it from the cold, a dish, a pot to drink, chewing games, a ring, a leash.
- Health care by your veterinarian: taking vaccinations on time.
How to house train a dog to obey
You should start training puppies for good behavior and skills early, And to establish general rules on dog adherence, Such as: not to sit on the furniture, not to tamper with things, obey the orders, and this is done by following the following steps:
- Give your dog a specific name
When the dog is given a clear name, the name must be repeated more than once during play or training, If the dog responds by calling him by his name, he should be commended and given a reward, The name could later be used to draw its attention; To be a prelude to issuing other orders to him.
- Reward quickly when responding to orders
The dog must be rewarded quickly when responding to orders; To promote the desired behavior, the reward may be a small candy, Or chicken breasts, or Roman meat, Or any type of food that can be eaten quickly so as not to distract the attention of the dog, Or can be trained on him and his talent, and give him the opportunity to play.
- Training on walking in the street
The dog must be trained to walk adhering to his master, And not to get away from him, where the trainer holds the dog of the ring, And move it forward, and if the dog pulled the chain should not take any further step until the dog comes along with the coach, He focuses his attention on him, The dog should be rewarded and praise when it responds to change direction and walk adjacent to the coach, A specific term can be used, such as: Come on us; to make the dog walks by his master.
How to house train a dog to respond to the call command
The word must be spoken clearly, And attract the attention of the dog with a game, or applause, When the dog responds to the summons, it should be commended, rewarded, Exercise should be repeated in different areas, such as: public parks; So as to train the dog to respond despite having fun, And give him a reward every time to respond to the appeal.
- Training to sit
To train the dog to sit, the dog must be in stand position, Then the coach uttered a word sit clearly and calmly for one time only, Then pull the chain down slightly, And presses the back of the dog’s back; to sit on the ground, And then immediately, and gives him a reward, If the dog does not respond to the seating order from the first time, the verbal order should not be repeated again, But must progress towards the dog and sit him; to accustom the dog to respond to the order from the first time.
- training dog to lie down
The game can be used, and placed on the ground between the feet of the front dog; in order to encourage him to lie down, It can be trained by lowering the hand stretched out, With the use of the word ‘lie down’ , give it a reward when you execute the command directly, Later the bonus can be delayed slightly to dog doggedness to hold on to lie down for longer, If the dog moves out of place to receive the reward it should not be given to him, So back to lie down again, In order to inform the dog that the coach wants him to continue in this situation, as long as he did not receive another order.
- Ignore the dog when biting its owner
The dog should be ignored if its owner bites during play for a while; To teach him that biting ends the playing time, so you must stop this behavior, The dog can be deprived of the things he loves if he misbehaves, And return it to him again if he returns to good behavior.
- Training to wait at the entrance to the house
The dog must be trained to wait at the door sill when his master comes out, This is done by holding the dog out of the leash and out of the house, With the dog giving the command a wait, if the dog tries to come out the door, You must use a leash to stop his movement forward, to understand that required him to wait, The dog must be given a reward when obeying the order directly, Then give the dog the order to move after that.
- Training to provide for his needs in a specific place
A specific place is chosen to be used as a private dog toilet outside the home, Then the coach starts walking around the area with a specific word he chooses to form a link between the word and the need, A reward must be offered to the dog and his pet if he needs his needs in the specified place, If the dog did not want to spend his need, Try again after 20 minutes,A bell can also be used and pumped every time it needs, Over time the dog will learn to knock the bell itself if it needs to use its toilet.
- Prevent chewing things home and destruction
The dog must be given chewing games when he starts chewing things at home, And say the word no or leave in a firm tone, Then petting the dog and offering him a reward if he begins to chew his toys and leave the things he chewed, With the repetition of this training the dog will usually leave chewing the collectibles, And just chewing games of his own.
- Sensitivity of dogs
Many people suffer from allergies to dogs, Where the problem lies not in the hair of dogs, But in the dead skin chips found on her body, and her urine and her games, So people who are allergic to dogs, are people whose immune system is sensitive, It treats some non-harmless substances such as dog skins It also deals with bacteria and viruses, attacks them, The most important symptoms of allergy to dogs as follows:
- Cough and wheezing during breathing
- Itching and redness in the eyes.
- Runny nose, itch, and blockage.
- Hives (urticaria), or rash.
How to house train a dog and the cure:
For the treatment of allergies, the following treatments can be used:
- Antihistamines that treat allergy symptoms.
- Dehumidifiers reduce nasal swelling.
- Nose spray that relieves inflammation.
- Allergy injection.